coaching to holders of managerial positions within academic and
administrative areas of TU Berlin, specifically tailored to individual
staff development requirements.
This professional form of personal coaching is essentially intended to strengthen your management skills regarding processes of change and communication within your professional field, with your individual skills and requirements optimally aligned with the demands of your working environment and the objectives of the University. Coaching, which is voluntary and conducted on the basis of confidentiality, is goal-oriented and at the same time open-ended.
Coaching provides you with support if …
- you have recently undertaken or are scheduled to undertake a new managerial or project leadership task
- you wish to improve your staff management and communication skills
- you are required to manage complex processes of change
- you have to manage personal conflicts in a work-related context
- you have identified causes of stress and problems and would like to try out alternative methods for dealing with these
- there are any task or career-specific issues you would like to address
General conditions for coaching at TU
We organize a confidential preliminary discussion to identify your needs and agree organizational issues. We also advise as to which coach from our pool of external coaches would be best for you. Once the coach has been contracted, you should arrange directly with them the times and places where the coaching sessions are to be held. A course of coaching in general consists of three to five (maximum) 60-minute sessions. Coaching is financed by Human Resources and Continuing Education. Quality-assurance feedback relating to the coach and the coaching process is conducted at the end of the program. The content of the coaching sessions is not included in the evaluation. All information is of course treated confidentially.
To function well, a team
requires a positive working atmosphere based upon trust.
Our team development program helps you to achieve an efficient working environment founded upon such mutual support and trust.
Among the areas that our team development program can support you with are:
- defining work objectives
- defining the roles and tasks of team members
- improving working procedures and processes
- dealing with conflict
- managing processes of change
- improving communication both within the team as well as between the team and external entities
- strengthening team members' social skills
- optimizing internal and external interfaces
General conditions for team development at TU Berlin
We arrange a preliminary discussion to identify your needs and to
select (together with you) a suitable coach/facilitator from our
Once the coach has been contracted, you should arrange directly with them the times and places where the team development sessions are to be held. We will gladly help you organize a suitable location for the sessions.
Human Resources and Continuing Education finances the team development sessions, which generally last for a maximum of one to one-and-a-half days.
Once the program is completed, we conduct quality-assurance feedback regarding the coach and the entire process, which does not, however, include information regarding the contents of the program. All information regarding the team development program is of course treated confidentially.