Leadership Competencies for Scientists
Leadership is of great importance in organizations of all kinds and also in universities. Studies show that the type of leadership influences both the performance and the satisfaction of the guided. However, leaders are rarely adequately prepared for their leadership roles. In addition to a theoretical introduction to the essential basics and effective mechanisms of leadership, this basic module "Leadership" gives you the opportunity to independently and flexibly develop solutions for your day-to-day leadership.
The special feature of this module: You will work together for half a day in an exclusive group of maximum 5 colleagues. You will work on the following questions:
- What is leadership and why is it important for new recruits and university teachers?
- Which leadership challenges do university lecturers and new recruits face in university life and how can they be mastered?
- Which management measures are suitable in which everyday situations at universities?
- Dealing with typical conflict situations at universities
- How can leadership be learned?
- How do I motivate employees with different interests and needs?
The second part of the day consists of 75 minutes of individual coaching per person together with Prof. Dr. med. Eric Kearney on your very special leadership-related challenges.
From 09:00-12: 00 am joint workshop with Prof. Dr. Eric Kearney. From 12:45 pm to 5:00 pm individual 70 min coaching sessions. The times will be individually adjusted after the registrations. If required, the workshop will also be held in English.
|Docent:||Prof. Dr. Eric Kearney|